Administrative, Clerical, Support, Customer Service and Support, Development and Foundation
4 Year Degree
Overview: This full-time non-exempt position provides services essential to advancing the mission and daily operations of the TKE Education Foundation.
Meetings & Events • Primary point person that coordinates, communicates and schedules all 10 volunteer committees. Responsible for compiling materials for review and transcribing meeting minutes.
• Coordinates all Board of Directors meetings. Duties include site selection, negotiations with hotel and caterer, assisting Board members and staff with transportation, lodging and assembling all meeting materials.
• Coordinates all Foundation items at Conclave (TKE’s biennial conference). Including but not limited to meeting logistics, Silent Auction, Donor Reception, award process and produces all necessary materials.
• Plans alumni events at Regional Leadership Conferences and Board of Directors meetings.
Data Management • Compiles Gift Officer journal entries (spreadsheet) each week.
• Applies changes to donor contact information as needed.
• Assists Database Specialist with thank you notes and monitors current donor acknowledgment/pledge system and advises changes to improve process.
• Keeps a log of donor touch points and reports data to Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) monthly.
Stewardship & Communication • Oversees Stewardship program through gift acknowledgment program. Maintains accurate records of the Foundation donor levels.
• Assists Director of Advancement in all areas of producing direct mail.
• Receives and advises obituary information and coordinates appropriate sympathy acknowledgement.
• Creates and sends donor newsletters and committee meeting materials.
• Maintains the Foundation’s presence on social media through fundraising campaigns around Giving Tuesday and Founders Day.
• Receives all communications requesting Foundation materials or donor information and passes these requests to staff.
• Informs the staff of gifts received at $1,000 and above for a personal acknowledgment.
Administration • Possesses the ability to continuously improve processes and procedures for the successful operations of the office.
• Administers the Chapter and Grand Chapter Scholarship awards and Special Projects Funds grants.
• Design and implement filing systems for donor records and document retention.
• Tracks orders and works with vendors to insure timely placement of bricks in the Better Men for a Better World Courtyard. Stewards donors with brick photos and keeps the virtual Courtyard map updated after each new order.
Other • Other responsibilities as assigned by CAO.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to CAO
Travel: Less than 10%
Education/Knowledge/Experience: Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Greek experience or knowledge preferred.
Skills & Abilities: • Donor/Service Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and needs of donors; recognizes and values the importance of service to others.
• Collaborative Style: Builds strong partnerships and alliances with others by identifying mutual goals and fostering open dialogue.
• Execution: Meticulous attention to detail; manages time effectively; efficiently completes multiple tasks on time; manage competing priorities.
• Proactive: Takes the initiative; seeks opportunities to beat deadlines and exceed expectations; anticipates issues before they arise.
• Effective Communication: Possesses strong oral and written communication skill.
• Conflict Management: Finds common ground and gets cooperation with minimum noise; reads situations quickly and is good at focused listening.
• Technical Skills: High level of proficiency with use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Patriot database software, including Blackbaud, are preferred.
Additional Information: • This position is located at the TKE International Headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Salary and Benefits: TEF offers a competitive salary and benefits package which is based on the experience / qualifications of the candidate.
TO APPLY If this mirrors your experience and skillset, then we invite you to apply for this position by submitting a cover letter, resume and list of references to Emily Garrott in the TKE Educational Foundation Office at: email@example.com. All resumes must be submitted by February 17, 2017.
Tau Kappa Epsilon creates lifelong relationships that enhance educational, interpersonal, community and professional success.
Our mission is to aid men in their mental, moral, and social development for life.
TKE contributes to the advancement of society through the personal growth of our members, and service to others.