Communications/Editorial, Education and Training, Meetings/Expositions/Events
4 Year Degree
Provides continuing education, meetings management, and other management services to the Society of Behavioral Medicine (SBM) and Executive Director, Inc. (EDI).
Overall responsibility for SBM’s Annual Meeting and webinar continuing education program, which entails:
Working with SBM Program Committee Developing annual meeting learning objectives Resolving conflicts of interest Taking Program Committee call minutes Complying with continuing education provider (AMEDCO) requirements Developing and managing a plenary and featured symposia data base Completing and submitting all necessary forms Complying with APA provider requirements Posting/monitoring continuing education survey for annual meeting attendees
Assisting SBM executive director with developing agendas and taking minutes for various working group, committee and council calls. Other duties as assigned. Populating conference programs, ensuring accuracy and completeness
Meets short-term meeting management and on-site meeting support needs of various EDI clients. Duties to include but not be limited to:
Preparing meeting materials for ship-out Assisting with preparation of staff operations manuals Packing/unpacking meeting materials and equipment Staffing registration desk Placing/removing signage
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
4-6 weeks per year; weekend work may be required.
Bachelor’s degree. Some experience with continuing education programs and/or meetings management preferred.
EDI is one of the top five association management firms in the U.S., providing professional services for national and international medical, trade and scientific associations. Our 50 years of experience are a key asset to the associations we serve, with client relationships exceeding 30 years.
SUMMARY OF EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
- One of the top 5 largest association management companies worldwid...e employing 150 professionals. EDI manages 30 clients with national and international membership bases with events held globally.
- Competitive salaries in the association management industry.
- Flexible, fun, challenging work environment with advanced computer and support systems.
- Team work environment.
- Opportunities for skill development and career advancement.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Updated, contemporary office space.