The American Association for Justice (AAJ®), formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA®), is seeking to fill the Legal Content Editor position in the Education Department.
AAJ is the world’s largest trial bar and seeks to promote a fair and effective civil justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests.
• Format, proofread, and edit speaker papers for publication, and review them for content, subject matter, appropriateness, and length.
• Coordinate production of course materials for seminars and colleges, including creating and maintaining the production schedule, and assist with production of convention reference materials.
• Develop and research content for AAJ Press products, including drafting marketing copy, researching titles and potential authors, contacting potential authors and publishers, and working with authors and publishers to meet deadlines.
• Respond to and make reprint requests.
• Proofread the fact pattern and clarifications for AAJ’s Student Trial Advocacy Competition.
• Draft case summaries and other materials for AAJ newsletters, Litigation Packets, and other publications.
Requirements include: • Bachelor’s degree required; J.D. with law review experience preferred.
• Writing and editing experience required. One to three years of experience in civil litigation or law review experience preferred.
• Strong editing and formatting skills including proficiency in proofreading and Bluebook citations, and zealous attention to detail.
• Ability to use judgment and discretion and work independently. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with member and expert authors.
• Proficiency using Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience with Westlaw and/or Lexis research.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• An interest in the mission and the work and services provided by the American Association for Justice.
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@justice.org . EOE.
About American Association for Justice
The American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA®), provides trial attorneys with information, professional support and a nationwide network that enables them to most effectively and expertly represent clients. The mission of the American Association for Justice is to promote a fair and effective justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests.