Determines the eligibility of applicants for recertification in accordance with the Credential Maintenance Program (CMP) requirements. Reviews and evaluates CMP declaration form submissions and determines those requiring a full audit. Maintains database records and CMP evaluation module with declaration evaluation status. Responds to questions regarding CMP requirements, deficiencies, and verification of certification. Processes verification of certification as required.
The CMP evaluator must have knowledge of the US and International CMP requirements to determine eligibility for recertification. Audits declarations including follow-up with certificants and review of all documentation and approval for CMP. Responsible for maintaining records of individuals recertified by BOC. Excellent research skills to research BOC records (CD files, microfilm, pass/fail reports and other archived documents) to identify and verify certified individuals. Excellent customer service skills, both oral and written, for administering the CMP and customer support. Must be detail oriented and proficient in computer skills to process declarations and maintain database.
• Processes declaration submissions for assigned credential categories.
• Determines eligibility for recertification and notifies certificants accordingly.
• Audits CMP declarations as necessary including obtaining documentation from certificants, evaluating and determining successful completion of the program.
• Maintains Personify database records and CMP evaluation module.
• Produces crystal reports as required.
• Researches certificant records to obtain examination score(s) via databases and archived records in response to requests from certificants, employers, state agencies and others as appropriate.
• Responds to correspondence/inquiries (relating to assigned credential categories) and the CMP in general.
• Reviews declarations for the CMP and determines eligibility and those to be audited.
• Reviews and follows up on evaluation of audit documentation.
• Review all documentation for completion and accuracy.
• Notifies applicants of their status (deficient, eligible) by maintaining application status in the personify database evaluation process module.
• Researches database records to obtain examination score(s) via microfilm records, CD records, pass/fail list and other BOC documents in response to requests from certificants, employers, state agencies and others as appropriate.
• Maintains database and updates contact information, name changes and duplicate record merges.
• Provides courteous and professional customer service to BOC customers on a daily basis.
Educational Background – Associate degree or 60 semester hours from a regionally accredited college/university strongly preferred.
Work Experience – Minimum of one (1) year related experience.
Special Training Skills – Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Knowledge of Windows, Word and the ability to operate the database management system
Equal Opportunity Employer: /Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran
About American Society for Clinical Pathology
Our society offers a generous salary and benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental & vision plans and various other voluntary benefit plans. Competitive paid leave & flexible work/life programs. We have an excellent employer-paid annuity plan, and much more.
Our organization provides certifications, continuing education, publications, legislative advocacy and valuable memberships for pathologists and medical laboratory professionals.
Our staff mission is to be of service to our members, the public, and our colleagues. We do this by working with our core values: collaboration, ethics, innovation and respect.
We encourage you to learn more about the ASCP at our website - http://www.ascp.org