· Responsible for general office and member queries
· Coordinating meetings for affiliated chapter districts and shared interest groups (SIGs).
· Responsible for organizing, managing, and running continuing education events on-site for the NASW-Illinois Chapter. Requires some travel in local Chicago area and the ability to work offsite for events.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Event Planning: Work with hosting venue and chapter staff to establish space and amenity requests as per chapter standards
· Event Management: create online forms for registration; verifying registrations for active membership, registration payment, rescheduling/refund requests, sold out events and waitlists; e-mail confirmation to event and digital handouts
· Event Promotion: Posting event to chapter website and social media outlets
· Event Preparation: Managing speakers, event handouts, Power Point presentations, room set-up, event sign-in sheets, continuing education unit (CEU) certificates, as well as on-site logistics on day of the event (some travel required)
· CEU certificate processing and reprint requests
· Maintain chapter documentation in accordance with IDFPR regulations for educational providers
· Works to maintain chapter’s license as provider of continuing education for various Illinois licenses
· Assistance as needed for larger chapter events/conference/symposia
· Maintenance of Supervisor Registry
· Advertising: Posting, promoting, and management of chapter job board and classified ads; also label rental
· Organizing and presenting on membership at social work school and agency visits (some travel required)
· Representing the chapter at job fair, orientation, exhibit halls, or other assigned events.
· Management of chapter Private Practice Shared Interest Group via Google Groups
· Assist staff as needed
NASW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
· Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized, and responsible
· Excellent communicator (both verbal and written), including the ability to interface effectively at the executive level and across the organization
· Effective interpersonal and organizational skills, including a strong customer service orientation
· Comfortable with public speaking
· Strong project management skills. Must be able to plan, organize, and lead projects and tasks effectively while paying close attention to details, identifying deliverables and meeting timelines
MINIMUM WORK REQUIREMENTS
Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized, and responsible
Excellent communicator (both verbal and written), including the ability to interface effectively at the executive level and across the organization.
Effective interpersonal and organizational skills, including a strong customer service orientation.
Strong project management skills. Must be able to plan, organize, and lead projects and tasks effectively while paying close attention to details, identifying deliverables and meeting timelines.
Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
Please send resume and cover letter to the email address below - no phone calls please.
Additional Salary Information: with benefits.
About National Association of Social Workers, Illinois Chapter
NASW is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world with 150,000 members and over 7,000 in Illinois. The NASW Illinois Chapter keeps their members on top of up-to-the-minute news and information regarding their professional development, whether it's changes in government regulations, breakthrough treatments, and innovative resources. With discounted professional protection through NASW Assurance Service insurance programs and public outreach to advance social work practice and improving the wellbeing of people and communities, NASW IL is working every day to help their members and the populations they serve. Please consider becoming a member today!