Communications/Editorial, Information Technology and Web, Marketing
4 Year Degree
Seeking a highly motivated, creative individual with five years of experience and a passion for strategic communications and content development.
The manager will work closely with the communications team (communications manager, marketing specialist, and others) as well as other departments and leadership to assist the vice president of communications and membership with the oversight of a full-service communications department in planning, budgeting, and managing projects.
The Academy is looking for an organized, assertive digital communications expert who will help manage our overall communications and web/digital strategy and will…
· Create, craft, and publish relevant, timely, consistent, and high-quality digital content.
· Monitor the website and work with other departments to assure that all information is accurate, timely, well-written, consistent in look and feel, and user friendly, and that it meets all governance requirements for online content.
· Track web statistics, feedback, and other outcomes to measure success. Develop reports on web statistics and trends.
· Identify and improve organizational development of content with leadership, volunteer groups, staff, and members.
· Develop a content, engagement, and cross-promotional strategy for all social media and other communications platforms.
· Identify threats and opportunities and relay these to leadership and/or craft draft solutions and messaging.
· Monitor trends in website and social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
· Analyze and translate data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, and SEO.
· Assist in the preparation of project plans and budgets.
· Other duties as assigned.
5+ years’ experience in digital communications and content development and management is preferred
5+ years’ experience in project management is preferred
Thorough experience with Drupal and Word Press and search engine optimization (SEO) and SEO tracking/metrics and tools
Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, experience with MS Office products as well as MAC operating systems, and Adobe/Creative Cloud Suite
Proven experience creating impactful web content
Familiarity with social media channels and their audiences with the ability to manage multiple social accounts
Undergraduate degree, preferably in communications, journalism, marketing, publications, or related areas.
Preferred certifications in project management and/or association management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong understanding of best practices for digital content including social media, email and web to maximize engagement.
Has strong planning and organizational skills, including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously, be flexible, and meet tight deadlines.
Has excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
Works well in a collaborative team environment.
Demonstrates creativity and immersion in social media (Must have an ability to think outside-the-box and create from the ground-up)
Experience in sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants, and how each platform could be deployed in different scenarios.
Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees, volunteers, and leadership when necessary on communication messaging, initiatives, and distribution methodologies.
Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics.
Ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, salary expectations, work samples (optional), and a brief statement of interest (optional).
About American Academy of Audiology
Located in the metropolitan Washington DC area, the American Academy of Audiology is the world’s largest professional organization of, by and for audiologists. Representing the interests of approximately 14,000 audiologists nationwide, the Academy is dedicated to providing quality hearing care services through professional development, education, research, and increased public awareness of hearing and balance disorders. The Academy has an active Board of Directors, including an elected president and president-elect, a strong group of volunteer committee leaders, an active Foundation, and a highly-involved student member population.