The Leader of Global Affairs reports to Senior Director, Membership & Global Affairs.
5+ years of experience directly working with members/customers outside the United States. Experience executing marketing activities, digital roundtables with C-level audiences, events, and webinars. An understanding of international marketing and communications strategies and tactics is preferred. Experience planning and executing multiple, complex programs, interacting with volunteer leaders and the ability to influence and work cross-functionally with a diverse group of stakeholders and senior leaders is important. Ability to own and drive key initiatives with minimal direction. Excellent program management skills and high degree of organization is key to success.
- Serves as the primary liaison for the Academy with international leaders, organizations, and corresponding societies
- Continuously develops, implements, and expands key programs in collaboration with international volunteer leaders and senior Academy staff
- Provides best practices and recommendations on international acquisition and renewal strategies to the Membership & Communications teams
- Reviews and provides oversight on member communications targeting international members (e.g. international e-newsletter)
- Manages global programs and outreaches at the Annual Meeting and other Academy hosted/sponsored events
- Directs international recognition programs
- Works with Communications team to develop humanitarian and international “Spotlight” articles for publication each month in the Bulletin journal.
- Serves as liaison to the International Advisory Board, International Steering Committee, Pan American Committee, Humanitarian Efforts Committee and other international governance
- Works with the Senior Director and the Senior Manager of Digital Marketing to provide guidance and assistance on all international acquisition and retention campaigns
- Serves as the main point of contact for the Global Grand Round webinar educational program and regional roundtables
- Manages the Academy’s international awards, grants, and visiting scholar program
- Oversees international events at the annual meeting (e.g. IAB General Assembly, International Young Physicians Forum)
- Nurtures relationships with the 60+International Corresponding Societies including 15+ joint meetings per year
- Works across the organization on events and international engagement outreaches
- Publishes the international newsletter
- Serves as author and coordinator for global columns and articles in the Bulletin publication and OTO News. Drafts speeches and PPT presentations for Coordinator for International Affairs
- Oversees updates to International and Humanitarian webpages on the Academy’s website and maintains all calendars and activities for Joint Meetings with International Corresponding Societies (ICS).
- May participate on an internal team, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.